Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Most Beautiful Face




On Thursday, December 29, 2011 I gave birth to a baby boy named Oliver Wayne Nichols. I delivered him through c-section. I waited in anticipation to see my firstborn who I knew would bring an abundance of joy into our lives. When they brought him to me, out of my mouth came these words, "That is the most beautiful face I have ever seen!" The doctor who performed my c-section reminded me of this later. It has now been a little over one week since Oliver came into the world. His face seems to change everyday, only to be more beautiful with each change.

Gazing upon Oliver's beautiful face, makes me think of how I should gaze upon the face of Jesus more often. I imagine Jesus gazes upon us with the same awestruck sensation. Afterall, we are made in the image of God, and the beauty of God is indescribable. Just stare into the starry sky, that alone will take your breath away. Thank-you God, for the beauty that is displayed throughout your creation. Thank-you God, especially for the beauty that is displayed in my son, Oliver.

Here are his 1 week pictures:











No comments:

Post a Comment