Monday, October 5, 2015

Jesus can Fill that Void

I am starting out this blog post with a quote from my first post, (before the one announcing our adoption): "Living in the unknown is hard for me. I would love to fast forward time to a place where we are holding a newborn in our arms, or we are embracing life as family of three, or to the time when we begin the adoption process, (we want to adopt but are still praying about the timing). I am sure anyone going through fertility treatment just wants to be at the end of it. However, I can almost hear that still, small voice telling me not to rush this process. The process of grieving, the process of waiting, and the process of listening...listening to that still, small voice in the midst of suffering."

Shortly after I made my most recent post public, I began feeling more and more sad over decision not to pursue further fertility treatment. I think at the time I wanted closure and I wanted to fill the empty void from this pregnancy loss. At the time, it felt therapeutic for me to come to a decision and "move on." Now, the quote above keeps coming back to me. "Don't rush this process of grieving..."

In order for me to feel at peace and truly heal from this, I feel I must again share what is on my heart, (so that I do not feel dishonest). Right now, we are not making a decision one way or the other as far as trying to conceive again. We still know we want to adopt one day, that has not changed. We just do not know when, but the Lord certainly does!

The void women and men feel after primary or secondary infertility and pregnancy loss is real. However, Jesus really is there to fill that void. I just need to let Him do just that- and not idolize another child, (whether through adoption or conception), but seek Him.

Instead of selling the earrings, I hope to give them away to women I know, (and may meet one day) who have experienced infertility or pregnancy loss. Therefore, if you are reading this blog, and have experienced either or both of those, feel free to comment or message me. I would love to bless you with a pair of JennaJayneEarrings.

In Him,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment